The trend is here: shoppers are more likely than ever to outsource the food they serve during their gatherings.How do you seize this business opportunity?By offering up a variety of beautiful, tasty platters tailored to your customer base.
We’ve rounded up a few ideas, using exclusively Musco Food products. But remember, the sky, well the plate, is the limit! Talk to your rep for more information, and we’ll gladly set up a special consultation with our on-staff Chef Josh.
The Vegetarian: 1) Castellino Grilled Pitted Olives | #555420 | 2/4.19LBs. 2) Castellino Grilled Champignon Mushrooms | #555055 | 2/4.19LBS. 3) Vantia Grilled Baby Artichokes with EVOO | #551151 | 6/65OZ. 4) Vantia Grilled Green Asparagus | #551158 | 12/12OZ. 5) Vantia Sweet & Savory Sun Dried Peppers | #551121 | 2/2.2LBS. 6) Vantia Lupini Beans | #552026 | 6/13OZ. 7) Vantia Stuffed Sweety Peppers with Herbs & Cheese | #580040 | 1/5LBS 8) Mulino Bianco Pangri Breadsticks | #803015 | 16/300GR 9) Puglia Taralli with EVOO |#802008 | 16/10OZ. | 10) Vantia Ricotta Pecorina with Red Pepper | #262015 | 10/1LB. 11) Vantia Burrata | #241006 | 6/8OZ.
The Carnivore: 1) Vantia Mortadella with Pistachios | #511021 | 2/5KG. 2) Senfter Speck | #511834 | 2/5.5LB. 3) Bellentani Bresaola | #533225 | 2/3LB. 4) La Quercia Nduja Spread | #534223 | 12/4OZ. 5) Licini Hot Capicollo | #520006 | 5/3LB. 6) Di Lusso Genoa Salame| #514400 | 4/8LB. 7) Vantia Prosciutto di Parma – Blue| #511011 | 2/17LB 8) Dried Figs (Coming Late Summer!) 9) Dried Apricots (Coming Late Summer!) 10) El Torero Caramelized Pecans | #342114 | 1/4,5KG. | 11) El Torero Fried Marcona Almonds | #342117 | 2/2.3KG 12) Vantia Whole Italian Medley | #611023 | 1/9 LBs. DW 13) Auricchio Provolone | #21P211 | 12/15OZ. 14) Ambrosi Scarmoza Affumicata | #292992 | 10/8.8OZ.
The Italian: 1) Ambrosi Parmigiano Reggiano Quarter +20 Months| #01G145 | 1/17LBs. 2) Montitren Asiago | #291015 | 2/12LB. 3) Vantia Primo Sale Fantasia| #271001 | 12/500GR. 4) Vantia Prosciutto di Parma – Blue | #511011 | 2/15LB 5) Veroni Slicing Calabrese Salami| #510046 | 4/2.2LB. 6) Beretta Pre-Sliced Coppa| #520326 | 12/4OZ. 7) Roberto Breadsticks| #802042 | 15/4.4OZ. 8) Puglia Taralli with Fennel | #802007 | 16/10OZ. 9) Vantia Whole Italian Medley | #611023 | 1/9 LBs. DW
- Cheese & Salumi love acid! Tangy elements cut through their rich or creamy flavor. Don’t hesitate to add pickled veggies to your platters – think cauliflower, carrots, cucumbers, eggplant, garlic, green beans, okra, and more.
- Customer not a fan of pickles? Sweet and slightly tangy fruit & vegetable chutneys are a great alternative. Think of fig, apricot or cherry spread, as well as cheese specialties such as Membrillo Paste. If you can, go with the seasons for an extra fresh platter.
- Give those breadsticks a well-deserved dip – pre-grilled or marinated vegetables can be whizzed in a blender with EVOO, salt & pepper for easy and cost-effective spreads. Ready-made pestos and tapenade in mini jars are a great alternative.
- Get artsy with drizzles – there are few things as inviting as a glossy drizzle of balsamic glaze on a fresh cheese or grilled vegetables. Buy them ready made to save some time, or simply boil vinegars with sugar to reduce them into the right consistency. Local honey or small honey jars also make a great addition.
- Always add splashes of color to your platter. While there is something to say about the green-white-red simplicity of a Caprese Salad, platters can benefit from appetizing pops of color. Think of veggies such as tricolor carrots, fresh herbs like rosemary, thyme, parsley, basil, chives, fresh or dried fruit, and even edible flowers.