Dear valued customer,
The COVID-19 Coronavirus has been at the forefront of our minds and every media outlet for several months now. In this time of uncertainty, we would like to address any concerns you may have about our business and the continuity of our stock and supply chain.
- Currently, we do not foresee any major disruption of product availability. We are closely monitoring the situation in Italy and the rest of Europe and working diligently with our suppliers to ensure a regular flow of safe, high quality products. All of these products are USDA and FDA approved.
- Our suppliers are taking every precaution to keep their facilities running while maintaining the strictest standards of protection, health and hygiene for their products and employees.
- The EFSA (European Food Safety Authority) has stated there is no evidence that food is a likely source or route of transmission of the virus. Moreover, the World Health Organization determined the virus does not survive on surfaces more than a few hours or 3 days, depending on temperature variations. As such, all containers coming in from Europe (3 or 4 weeks of travel) should be safe.
- All meetings with our vendors are conducted via phone, email, or video conference to avoid any passing of contagion. All international travels to food shows have been cancelled.
- All of our employees – office staff, sales reps, warehouse workers, and truck drivers – have been coached on the appropriate hygiene and safety protocols recommended by Health officials. Our offices and warehouse are regularly cleaned and sanitized according to the same protocols.
Please rest assured we are taking these issues most seriously, and going above and beyond all City, State and National Health recommendations. From a personal point of view, our heart goes out to our suppliers and their families situated in at-risk zones, and to our customers impacted from close to afar during these unsettling times.
Thank you for your continued patronage. Stay calm and safe, and do not hesitate to reach out to us at email@example.com, or 718-326-1070 should you have any concerns.
President & Owner, Musco Food Corp.